Who else wants to become the top blogger?
Almost everyone wants to be the highest blogger in their niche. But the problem is that no one cares about their vision. Anyone can start a blog. But only a couple of people get massive success in blogging.
It’s not at all about working hard, the more consistent you are – the better results you can acquire in the long run. So try to become the person of changing others’ lives instead of just working hard to make more money.
Here are five golden nuggets to become the top blogger in your niche.
5 ways to become the top blogger
1. Blog traffic builds slowly: Most bloggers strive hard to get traffic to their blogs, there’s nothing harm in worrying about bringing more traffic, but when your focus in only on the traffic you are doing it all wrong.
Make use of long tail keywords in your blog posts to get long lasting traffic from the search engines. Never worry about blog post length especially if you are new to blogging world. More blog posts don’t mean more traffic.
Just remember that “No posts are better than bad blog posts”. If you are creating blog posts, try to give the BEST possible information to your readers to keep your blog momentum going.
Without having quality traffic, you won’t see any traffic spikes on your blogs. Try to improve your page views instead of bring search engine traffic to your blogs in the beginning. This is one of the simplest yet effective ways to improve traffic on your blogs.
2. Better writing skills play a key role: If you want to become the top blogger, first hone your writing skills. Observe any top blogger in your niche, their writing skills are their biggest assets, they write engaging content to connect with their readers (and to quickly build instant bond with them).
You don’t have to be a master in English to write the prolific way, you must first learn few basic things to take your writing skills to the next level.
Here are a few quick writing tips to become the top blogger.
- Use simple language
- Don’t fluff
- Write in small chunks
- Don’t bore your readers
- Avoid clichés
- End with a call to action
- And more importantly WRITE daily
3. Social media is king: If you are not utilizing the power of social media yet, you are losing time and energy. Go out and connect with other bloggers to improve your online visibility.
No one comes and reads your blogs, you have to market yourself to get more visibility on your blogs.
Social media is the great way of networking with all kind of bloggers (from the newbies to the top bloggers in your niche).
Try to spend quality time promoting others’ stuff and sharing their links to create strong relationships with other bloggers in the long run. Sooner or later others will notice your work, if they find your blogs interesting, they won’t hesitate to promote your stuff too.
4. Be consistent at what you do: Did you know Darren Rowse from Problogger.net posted daily almost for 5 years consistently (without missing even a SINGLE day). That’s how the top bloggers are created – they always lead by an example. Take any top blogger from your field, they all are consistent at whatever they do.
If you want to become the top blogger in your niche, try to be consistent. Don’t go after short term success, have a clear vision and work on achieving smaller goals for a long period. It’s how you can become the top blogger in no time.
5. It’s not about the quantity – it’s all about the quality!
Do I have to say anything more?
You don’t have to create the lengthy posts to become the top blogger, but try to create your own persona with your writing and make sure you are delivering the best stuff to serve your readers.