More importantly, Blog Design Mistakes are what keeps your readers reading your stuff.
If you would like to face out as a blogger, you want to have a singular Blog Design Mistakes. Appealing blog design not only boosts your online brand it also creates a knowledgeable tone on other bloggers.
That’s REALLY an excellent thanks to connect with first-time visitors.
Unfortunately, most blogs don’t care about their design of the blogs. But let me clarify one thing if you want to get most out of your blogging efforts – invest your time and money on creating an appealing design for your blogs.
Here’s the essential guide all you need to make your blog design look more appealing to bring the desired results. We will also go through the major blog design mistakes to avoid as a blogger.
Blog design mistakes to avoid at all costs
1. Cluttering sidebar: I observed so many blogs (around 1000′s of blogs), what I found is: most of them are cluttered very much especially in their sidebars. If used right, blog sidebar is one of the most effective places on any blog that makes or breaks any blog success.
Here are a few golden nuggets to implement if you want to get the most out of your Blog Design Mistakes.
- Don’t use too many widgets on your sidebar
- Display popular posts
- Show recent comments in order to get more comments (especially if you have a new blog)
- Use email optin forms at the top of the sidebar (this is a must!)
- Don’t use tags in your sidebars
- Don’t use unwanted ads (using less and prominent ads can boost your affiliate sales!)
2. Not having about/contact page: Have you ever read a popular blog without having an about or contact page? Without having these two pages, your blog design is missing a lot of conversion rates.
You don’t need to brag about yourself in the about page though, but you need to encourage your visitors to know what your site is all about.
And show them why should they read your blogs and why should consider subscribing or buying your stuff. If you don’t have convincing reasons, why should they bother reading your blogs? To find out how to stand out from other Blog Design Mistakes in your niche.
3. Worst font size/typography: No one reads a blog with a worst typography. Don’t use short font sizes that are too hard to read, most online readers love to read the posts which are easy to read and navigate.
Use proper font sizes, consider using 15 px font sizes on your blog design. Don’t use too large font sizes (it can also kill your blog readability!).
4. Slow loading sites: What if you land on a site that is taking to load too much time? I reckon no one stays on a blog which loads slower. One of the success factors that define any blog is “loading time”.
Try to keep your blog design as fast as possible, use fewer plugins, and try to install w3 total cache or super cache, this plugin can alone speed up your site loading times.
Don’t use CSS sprites, and use the best hosting services like HostGator or Blue Host to make your site loading time faster even when you have more traffic.
5. Forgetting the importance of white space: “Simple is sexy in blog design”. Most bloggers, especially the new bloggers don’t leave their blog design without cluttering. What happens when you use too much information on your blog design? It simply kills the readership and no one might be interested in reading your blog stuff again.
Try to use white space as much as possible. Have you ever observed great blogs like Zen Habits and Social triggers? They always give very much importance to white space on their blogs, that way they will be giving their readers more chances to focus on reading the stuff.
The fewer distractions you give, the more shares and links you get from your Blog Design Mistakes, it’s as simple as that!